Our Mission, Our Values
The Westbank Country Opry was established in 1995 as a member organization formed to provide local musicians with a venue for presenting their music to like-minded individuals in the community. Over the years the group evolved from a private organization into one which presented regular concerts open to the public, always remaining true to the founding principle of providing a venue for performing which was accessable to the community at an affordable price.
Over the years, to broaden the appeal of the show and to provide area performers access to the Opry’ expanding audience, the Opry began to add new artists to each performance as well as maintaining a roster of regular favourites – offering a mix of new and traditional music.
In 2013, due to a fire at the Opry’s original venue, the show was moved to a much larger and more professional location and the performer base expanded considerably.
Through all of the changes the basic mission of the Opry has remained the same:
- To provide a friendly, economical venue for the community to enjoy live musical performances.
- To provide a supportive and professional venue for local artists to present their material.
- To foster and encourage new, emerging talent.
- To support more established artists.
- To foster and support live music in our community and Province regardless of the genre and presenting venue.
- To assist in bringing the talent and efforts of local and Provincial artists to the attention of the world.
We are most appreciative of the support from the community, our various sponsors and members of the media who have all helped us achieve our past goals and continue to offer support and encouragement as we continue to help the Opry evolve.
Thanks to each of you.